Easy Ways To Save Money On Your Beauty and Skin Care Routine | Beauty

If you are always looking for ways to save money like me, then you have come to the right spot. I love beauty and skin care items and know that they can be expensive. I believe in having a good mixture of budget friendly items and higher end products. Today, I am sharing some of my favorite tips and trips on how to save money on your beauty and skin care products.

Cut Open Bottles

Stop throwing away “empty” products that come in plastic tubes, instead cut them open and scrape out what is left. I have done this numerous times with body lotion, hand lotion, toothpaste, makeup foundation. Anything that is plastic and can be safely cut open. You can supply yourself with days worth of product by doing this simple task. A great idea is to transfer the remaining product into a small container that can be closed so the product does not dry out. This is a simple way to save money and actually use up the product.

Multitasking Products

Many beauty products can be used in multiple ways. If you purchased a facial moisturizer you do not like for the face then try using it as a lotion on your legs. Serums can be used to soften the cuticles. Trade in shaving cream for soap. You can even use a hair conditioner to shave. Get creative and find different ways to use products. I have a lotion that I use that is very thick and I do not like it. So I mix in some body oil and it works great.

Shop Your Stash

Shop your stash is a popular term used by people who have large collections of makeup or skincare. If this sounds like you then I recommend you try this. Many times we get caught up in the latest and greatest item while not realizing we already own two other items that do the exact same thing. Go through your collection and see how many items you own. If you have multiples of different items then throw away what is expired or dried out and start using up what you can. Go through and finish all your products before spending money on something new.

Do It Yourself

Beauty and quality skin care products are pricey, so you may think about making some DIY products. This is a great way to cut cost and be more frugal. Bonus points because you also know exactly what ingredients are in the products. Many of the ingredients are multi-functional, meaning you can use them for multiple projects.

Use The Right Amount

Make sure you are using the right amount of each product. You do not need a palm size of facial moisturizer. Often, people are using too much of a product and this is wasteful. Start with a dime or nickel size amount and go from there. You can always add more if needed.

I hope you found these tips helpful! If you have your own tips and tricks share them below. It is always great to hear how others save money!

12 thoughts on “Easy Ways To Save Money On Your Beauty and Skin Care Routine | Beauty

1. Happy Panda January 24, 2022 / 11:05 am

Great tips! Till recently I never used to cut open the tubes of my creams but I did a few months back and realised that I had 10 days worth of product still in there! 🤦

Liked by 1 person

• Rebekah Taylor January 24, 2022 / 11:09 am

Yes! Such a waste and most people don’t think about it. I just finished a deodorant stick and scrapped out what is left. I have days worth of deodorant now!

2. Alli B | On the Trip Side January 25, 2022 / 2:34 pm

These are fantastic. I’m doing a no-spend month for January and I love “shop your stash”. I found two travel lotions and half a bottle of a great brand in the back of my closet! I don’t need a new $25 bottle just yet.

AND, I love the DIY method. I’m gonna get crafty with sugar scrubs shortly. Thanks for sharing these!

xo – Alli | https://www.onthetripside.com

Liked by 1 person

• Rebekah Taylor January 25, 2022 / 7:20 pm

I want to try making my own sugar scrubs in the future as well. I am guilty of buying a product then finding out I already had it 🙃

• CMG January 25, 2022 / 7:39 pm

I want to try making my own sugar scrubs someday too! If you find a good recipe, I’d love to hear it!

Liked by 1 person

• Rebekah Taylor January 25, 2022 / 7:41 pm

I will def share if I find a good one!

3. CMG January 25, 2022 / 7:40 pm

All of these tips are so great! I definitely need to shop my stash. I always buy products on sale or that have a deal going on and then find out I already have multiple products just like it. I am going to try multitasking products in the future!

Liked by 1 person

• Rebekah Taylor January 25, 2022 / 7:43 pm

There are so many products you can multitask with! I try to think outside the box with them.

4. beinglefenyo January 26, 2022 / 1:58 am

This was by far the most helpful post yet, lol 😂 I laugh because I have forgotten the trick of cutting open the plastic bottles and yes this has given me days’ worth of product in the past. I also love the idea of shopping from your stash…there is a lot of deep conditioning masks that I have to go through, a lot of facial cleansers and masks as well that I need to use. Im up for the challenge. Thank you 😊

Liked by 1 person

• Rebekah Taylor January 26, 2022 / 7:03 pm

Yes!! Use them up and get your moneys worth! Cut those bottles 😀

5. SkinFitWell January 26, 2022 / 7:36 pm

It’s crazy how much product is left over at the bottom of skincare tubes! I’ll get weeks worth of extra product by cutting them open. Shop Your Stash is a great reminder – I’ve held back on using my Sephora gift cards and have been using up current products first lol. I have recently begun using up the face products I dislike on my body now, so it’s much less wasteful. Great tips!!

SkinFitWell | http://www.skinfitwell.com

Liked by 1 person

• Rebekah Taylor January 26, 2022 / 7:02 pm

Thanks for reading! I am glad you found this post helpful and I love that your using up all your products!