Blog & Personal Goals {January 2022}

Happy New Year 🎆 If you read my New Years post then you will know that I do not make resolutions. What I do is make monthly goals and I have a tendency to repeat those goals each month. I do this because it helps me stay consistent and build upon my goals. I try my best to stick with my goals but I am flexible and do not get upset if I do not accomplish a goal. This actually makes it easier for me to stick to my goals because I know I am human and nobody is perfect. We are not striving for perfectionism!

Check out this blog post:
Why I’m Not Making New Years Resolutions | New Years 2022

Before I delve into my goals for the month I always like to reflect on the previous months goals. So lets get into it.

December 2021 Goals

Blog Goals

My goal was to post consistently and interact with other bloggers. I would say I was successful with both of these goals. I post a minimum of twice a week and have been interacting and reaching out to other bloggers. I have met some fellow bloggers and have really been enjoying their content.

Personal Goals

✔ Implement and maintain a morning routine
I have finally done it and I am so proud of myself! Three days out of the week I wake up a little earlier and complete a 30 minute workout. I select a program on my treadmill and do that for 30 minutes.

✔ Read three books
I was also able to complete this goal. I checked out two books from the library and read another one on my kindle. I actually am starting a new segment on the blog called Books of the month. This segment will highlight the books I have read for the month.

Check out this blog post:
Books of the Month | January 2022

✔Continue to avoid social media
There have been a few times I went on Instagram for a few minutes but I get off pretty quick and never download the app. Those few minutes are more than enough because usually within 10 minutes I am over it.

✔Cook more
Another success to mark off the list. I am not always the best with this but I have been trying. I recently made an amazing chicken noodle soup. My husband always helps me when I cook and I really value that time we spend together.

January 2022 Goals

Blog Goals

Not much is going to change here. My goal is to continue to blog consistently and interact with other bloggers. I would like to build a relationship with some bloggers and highlight some on my blog. Boring and consistent. Haha.

Personal Goals

My plan is to continue building upon my previous goals because I believe consistency is key to developing healthy habits.

🎆 Cook dinner more
I have been doing well with this goal and I would like to continue with it and build on it. Meaning I want to continue to cook on the weekends but I would also like to prep meals for the week. My husband has told me in the past that when I have meals planned for the week it makes it easier and I agree. It takes away the confusion and stress of “What are we eating for dinner?” So I guess I should call this goal cook and plan dinner more.

🎆 Speak in kindness
This one is going to be tough and might even warrant its own post. I catch myself talking negatively about people and I am not liking it. I find it comes from frustration but it creates negativity and causes me even more frustration. We cannot change people but we can control how we react to them and what we say about them. So this is going to be a hard and long goal because I believe it is a bad habit I have.

🎆 Read 3 books
This is another normal monthly goal that I have started and it is going strong. So nothing new here but I am trying to keep this a habit.

🎆 Focus on health & wellness
I lost about 30 pounds in 2021 following weight watchers. I have done numerous posts on my journey. After losing the weight I went off weight watchers. I was able to maintain my weight pretty well but the holidays have been a little rough. At the time I am writing this I have no idea how much I weigh but I will be restarting after Christmas. I am not going back on weight watchers but focusing on calorie intake and healthier choices.

12 thoughts on “Blog & Personal Goals {January 2022}

1. Jaime® January 7, 2022 / 8:17 am

It’s really great to set goals, yours are really good goals and will have no doubt you will complete them, I admire anyone who sets themselves goals and challenges. Well done and FairPlay to you, my goal this year is to utilise WordPress reader and social media more to interact with more bloggers and writers, it’s good for people to connect spread positivity around! ♥️

Liked by 2 people

• Rebekah Taylor January 7, 2022 / 8:51 am

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement 🙏 I have been trying to utilize the WordPress reader more and have found some great bloggers.

Liked by 2 people

• Jaime® January 7, 2022 / 8:52 am

If you want to connect and maybe do some articles together in more than happy stay positive you will smash it 💯

Liked by 1 person

2. Manisha Reddy January 7, 2022 / 10:25 am

Great Goals Rebekah. I too cook on weekends and its best way to avoid outside food. Cooking for ourselves is great because it makes us healthy. I too love reading books. Its nice to interact with you here in WordPress. I appreciate you for avoiding social media. I am trying in this 2022 successful up to some extent. Happy Weekend Rebekah 🙂

Liked by 2 people

• Rebekah Taylor January 7, 2022 / 2:45 pm

I beat your a good cook 👌 I am starting to actually it enjoy it more now that I am forcing myself to cook more. Thanks for the comment.

Liked by 1 person

• Manisha Reddy January 8, 2022 / 10:05 am

You are welcome Rebekah😊
        People say I am good cook and ya I too feel the same. I love improving my culinary skills. Once you start enjoying cooking it never feels like a chore.

Liked by 1 person

3. beinglefenyo January 7, 2022 / 12:55 pm

After months of absence from this app, I must say I am always encouraged in one way or another by your posts. I love the cooking more and reading more goals. I want to try these for myself, I also keep taking breaks from social media, but I always find myself back there. Can really do better.

You’re doing well Sis and please remember you consistency is encouraging us your readers. ♥️

Liked by 1 person

• Rebekah Taylor January 7, 2022 / 2:47 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words. Your comment was the highlight of my day. I appreciate knowing my posts are an encouragement to you. Glad you are back!

Liked by 1 person

4. justamarylandgirl January 7, 2022 / 12:56 pm

I hate that I have not yet sat down with myself to go over some goals for 2022. This has motivated me to do so, and honestly a lot of my goals are very similar! In addition to this, I would like to consider some professional and personal development type goals. Loved reading this post!

Liked by 2 people

• Rebekah Taylor January 7, 2022 / 2:49 pm

Its still just January so you have plenty of time. Anytime is the perfect time to start! Would love to read about your goals!

5. Dr B January 14, 2022 / 7:36 am

Well done, I think you’ve found the secret of goal setting! What you have done is to focus on changing your own behaviour and in small increments. So much better than achievement goals which are the nemesis of new year resolutions. 👏👏🕉

Liked by 1 person