I can not recall how I came up with this idea but I must have seen it somewhere and thought it would be a fun idea. I saw 30 day challenges when I searched on Google but I do not want to commit to that long of a length so 15 days it is! So the goal is to make a new blog post everyday for the next 15 days and I chose 15 different topics for me to write about. Some are fun and then some might get deep so you will probably get to know me well these next 15 days. So lets jump into this thing!
I thought it would be a good idea to start day one on a light note and opted for posting a picture of myself and 10 facts about me!
1. My name is Rebekah Taylor and my blog is named after me because I had no idea what to name it! I like to categorize myself as a nurse lifestyle blogger. What does that mean? It means I am multi-passionate and like to write about many topics. I am a Registered Nurse and like to write about all topics from DIY projects, beauty, lifestyle tips, nursing tips, career tips and my current journey with weight watchers. I could never niche down to one topic because I have so many things I am passionate about.
>>You may enjoy reading my first blog post
2. Back to that nurse thing! I am a Registered Nurse who currently works in a clinic. I was a non-traditional student meaning I started nursing school when I was in my late 20s and graduated at around age 30. I worked bedside for a short time but decided it was not meant for me. I love to discuss and promote nursing away from the bedside to nurses and nursing students.
>>You may enjoy reading what I do as a clinic nurse
3. I am the proud mother of a Boston terrier name Millie. If you have been following me for a while then you probably have seen her and if you are new here, trust me when I say you will see her! She has multiple blog posts dedicated to her already! She is my baby!
>>You may enjoy reading We got a puppy or Millie’s 1st Birthday
4. I am married to a wonderful man! I met my husband when I was going through a rough time. He has always supported me and pushed me to be the best version of myself. We have grown up so much together and have been through our struggles and I would not have wanted to do it with anyone else.
5. I am a nap and sleeping queen! I love love love to sleep and can probably sleep just about anywhere! I love to take naps and always try to get my husband to take a Sunday nap with me. Along with that I am usually in bed by 9pm because ya girl can’t hang and would rather be asleep in bed.
6. This is not my first blog. My first blog ever was called TailorMade Crafts and that lasted all of 2 seconds. I started a crafting blog years ago because I was and still am big into crafting. That did not last or work. I then moved onto making crochet items and selling them on Etsy. I did that for years and really enjoyed it until it got oversaturated and ended up not enjoying it anymore. Now I only crochet for myself unless I am making a gift for someone.
7. I struggle with depression and anxiety. There are a few topics I have avoided talking about much on my blog and this is one of them. I guess I still worry about the stigma that comes along with mental health. I have dealt with this struggle since I was a teenager and thankfully as I have gotten older I have learned how to manage my struggles. Thanks to therapy and medication. Yes, I take a daily medication and probably will need to for the rest of my life. Maybe one day I will feel more comfortable going deeper into this topic.
8. I love all things coffee! I am slightly addicted go coffee. Not in the sense where I drink it all day but I have a cup every morning and will never say no to a coffee run or coffee date. Something that goes along with coffee is my mug collection. I love to collect mugs but have stopped recently because of storage space and how many mugs can one person have? Don’t answer that.
>>You may enjoy reading My mug collection
9. My pet peeve is lateness. It literally drives me nuts when people are late and I hate being late. I always try my best to be on time and early for everything. One way to make me not like you real fast is by being late and making me wait. Of course I understand that life happens but when it is constant that is a being no no for me.
10. My husband and I have the same birthday! Same day but different years. He is four years older than me. I love getting to celebrate us both on the same day plus it makes it easier to plan things. We are both Geminis and seem to balance each other out perfectly.
Whew! So there you have it! Day 1 of 15 in this challenge. This post is longer then I thought it would be but hopefully now you know me a little better. Make sure to come back everyday for a new blog post! Thanks for reading and feel free to leave a fact about you in the comment section. I would love to get to know you better!